Cook’s Notes: This meal for 6 was easy to prepare after a long week of work. As you can see, we went with a “mostly Mexican” theme.
- Corn tortilla chips and homemade salsa, brought by a guest
- Easy Blender Margaritas
- Smoked sausages (such as Hillshire Farm’s Lit’l Smokies®) simmered in barbecue sauce
- Chicken Empanadas (from the freezer section)
- Main dish: Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Dessert: Mini éclairs (from the freezer section)
- Serve the chips and salsa, so guests have something to nibble while you prepare the rest of the dishes.
- Make a batch of margaritas. Chill margaritas until serving time.
- Preheat the oven for the empanadas.
- Heat the smoked sausages in a pan with barbecue sauce to cover. Serve.
- When the oven is hot, bake the empanadas according to directions on the box.
- While the empanadas bake, prepare the Chicken Tortilla Bake. If you’re not going to bake it right away, place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve the empanadas.
- Commence playing board games (Trivial Pursuit is a house favorite).
- Bake and serve the Chicken Tortilla Bake.
- Thaw the mini éclairs at room temperature according to directions on the box.