Knitting, project 128. Date completed: 5/3/2007
These socks were put on hold for the baby knitting done in April. They are just perfect for me. I love the chevron pattern and the short cuff. I modified the heel with short row techniques. These will be worn with clogs.
Pattern: My gauge was 4 sts and 6 rows per inch on US 7 (4.5 mm) double-pointed needles. I used these resources to engineer the socks:
• Violet Green Zig Zag Socks Pattern
• Lucia’s Zig & Zag Sockulator (sock calculator)
• Sherman (Short Row) Heel numbers from hipknitism
• Shaping short row heel without holes, misocrafy tutorial
• 3-needle bind off from Wolf and Turtle
Yarn: 170 yds yarn: 2 balls Patons SWS (70% Wool, 30% Soy), 2.80 oz/80 g, 110 yd/100 m. Color: 70530, Natural Geranium
The stripes do not match across the pair of socks. I debated about this, but then decided it didn’t matter enough to me.
Stripes! I love you, Stripes! And chevrons, too!