Knitting, project #140. Completed 10/12/2007.
Two gloves (knit flat) with offset thumb gussets that will be laced up with ribbon. These are for fashion, not warmth so much. But they are hot off the needles — and shown here, still damp, on the blocking board.
183 yds light yarn: 1 ball Cascade Yarns Cherub collection 4-ply (55% nylon, 45% acrylic), 50 g, 240 yds. Color: 25 (black)
Still to come: 4.5 yards satin ribbon
Needles and Hook: US 6 (4 mm) straight knitting needles
F-6 (4 mm) crochet hook for cast off
Gauge: 5.5 sts = 1 inch in St st
Finished Size: 12″ long, blocked to these custom width measurements:
8″ wide at the hand, 6″ at the wrist, and 10″ at forearm
- The foundation of these gloves is Nikol Lohr’s Criss-Cross Gloves pattern from Naughty Needles (changed gauge and size)
- I added the Irregular Rib pattern to the gloves, modified from sweater instructions by Teva Durham in Loop-D-Loop
- Thumb gusset is combined from two sources 1) Picot Edge Gauntlet pattern in the Knit.1 magazine, premiere issue, Fall 2004; and 2) Joan Hamer’s excellent instructions at http://www.knitlist.com/01gift/wristers.htm
Other wrist warmer patterns on the Web:
- Noro Kureyon Wrist Warmers pattern at http://www.lolajl.net/geniasblog/archives/2004/12/wrist_warmers_1.html
- Lace-Up Opera Gloves — these are so lovely: http://ysolda.com//wordpress/index.php/lace-up-opera-gloves/