These three dishes feature the bright, fresh flavors of lemon and garlic. Each dish goes together quickly, which makes this a good menu for a weeknight dinner.
If you want to change it up a bit, make creamed spinach instead of the Sicilian. Try the Creamy Spinach recipe from Everyday Food, January/February 2006.
You could also have these dishes in a Lemon Day. (The idea of enjoying a single flavor throughout each meal in a day is from the book The Flavor Point Diet by David L. Katz.) For lunch, add 1/3 c of the Black and White beans to a tossed salad, or stuff a whole-wheat pita with the beans and top with feta cheese. Then have the spinach and chicken cutlets for dinner.
Meal Plan Strategy:
- Wash and chop all the vegetables for all three dishes
- Combine the bean salad ingredients
- Pour dressing over the bean salad and let it marinade
- Spin dry the spinach
- Make the tomato mixture and Greek seasoning salt blend for the chicken dish
- Cook the spinach with the garlic
- As the spinach steams, season and cook the cutlets.
- Top cutlets with tomato mixture and serve dinner.