Cook’s Notes: This pasta salad tastes even better the next day. It is great for lunch or dinner.
16 oz package tri-color cheese tortellini cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 scallions, diced
1 box grape tomatoes, roasted
1 can sliced black olives (3.8 oz drained wt), drained
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken (about half the chicken)
1/2 cup shredded white cheese
1/4 cup Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Game plan:
- Bring the water to boil for the pasta. Heat the oven to 425.
- Wash and slice the scallions.
- Wash the red pepper. Cut in half, remove the seeds and stem, and dice it. Save half for salads.
- Boil the tortellini until cooked through. Drain it.
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil. Coat a rimmed baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes until they are soft and wrinkled. Smaller tomatoes have begun to burst. Season the tomatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the pasta and tomatoes cook, skin and dice the chicken meat. Reserve 2 cups.
- Discard the chicken carcass. Save remaining diced chicken for another use.
- Open the can of olives and drain them.
- Toss together tortellini, scallions, red pepper, tomatoes, and olives. Add the diced chicken and shredded cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the mixture, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.