An easy menu for two that is on the lighter side, with two vegetables and a side salad.
- Turkey cutlets with sauteed mushrooms (deciding between a recipe by Reader’s Digest or Erin’s Easy Eats)
- Oven-roasted broccoli (recipe by Melissa Clark)
- Side salad (baby spinach with dried cranberries and slivered almonds)
- Salad dressing: Pomegranate vinaigrette. Combine 3 T pomegranate juice, 3 T water, 2 T red wine vinegar, 2 T olive oil, 1 T Dijon mustard, 1 tsp honey, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper (3 cranks of the grinder).
- Roasted sweet potato (oven-baked “fries“)
- Dessert: Stout Chocolate-Cherry Bread, made with Guinness (start this sponge bread the night before and allow 3 hours the next day to finish the bread process). The recipe was published in Cooking Light, January 2003.