4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half lengthwise so they are evenly thick
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sauce, any kind (see below)
In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces. Pour in sauce. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Honey Mustard sauce: Combine 1/2 cup honey mustard (or 1/2 cup mustard and 1 Tbsp honey), 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp minced garlic, and 1 Tbsp soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup port, 2 Tbsp dried cranberries, and 2 tsp raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sherry and 2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 1/4 cup white wine, 1/4 cup chicken broth, and 2 Tbsp horseradish
- 6 Tbsp broth or juice and 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 6 Tbsp cider and 2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 6 Tbsp Marsala wine and 2 Tbsp sherry
- 6 Tbsp orange juice and 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Honey Mustard sauce chicken, steamed yellow and green beans, and brown rice
- Make chicken with a citrus-based sauce. Serve with creamed spinach and baked sweet potatoes drizzled with maple syrup. For dessert, top vanilla frozen yogurt with fudge sauce and a few raspberries.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable.
Sources: Pamela Anderson’s How to Cook Without a Book; Penzeys Spices; Honey Mustard Sauce is from Kitchen Parade