222. Sock Cuff Repair

Knitting, project 222. Completed 1/16/2010

Socks were originally completed 3/4/2005 (project #054), knit from soft Lamb’s Pride Bulky (wool/mohair blend). The original cuff bindoff was tight, and the socks had felted down during repeated washings over the years. I cut off the cast off round, and carefully picked the stitches free. I used contrasting color yarn to knit 3 rounds and then used the single crochet castoff method for a new finish. They are still toasty warm, and now they fit perfectly at the top.

Shown: The finished sock repair (with new green cuff border), the new bindoff in process, and what the cuffs looked like before .

Advertisements