Cook’s notes: An article on Associated Content recommended this buffet menu for an easy Christmas menu, but I think it would work at any time of the year. I’m posting this menu for future reference.
- Cheese and cracker platter (two to three cheeses with “interesting crackers”)
- Veggie tray with Italian dip (mix 16 oz container of sour cream with one package of Good Season’s Zesty Italian Dressing)
- Two pounds of cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce (use the instructions given by Alton Brown in “Crustacean Nation”)
- Meatballs in sweet and sour sauce (mix cranberry sauce and chili sauce; heated in the slow cooker. I’d use turkey meatballs.)
- Eggplant lasagna
- Sausage cacciatore with green pepper, mushrooms, onions and marinara sauce. Serve with plain cooked pasta.
- Antipasto salad with bagged lettuces, tomatoes, peppers, onions, salami (sliced in small strips), and other Italian cold cuts. Serve with Italian dressing. (See also the antipasto recommendations in Caprese Salad on Toothpicks.)
- A few crusty loaves of Italian bread (purchased)
Details on these dishes can be found at the original article.