Knitting, project 280. Completed 12/24/2010
By Lisa Limber for the Schaefer Yarn Company
Model knitting for Purls Tucson
One Size, about 50″ long x 22″ wide
GAUGE: 3.5 sts per inch
- 1 ball Schaefer Yarn Company Nancy (95% merino, 5% nylon). 8 oz, 600 yds. Color: Bluebell
- Knitting needles – US size 10.5 (6.5mm) circular needles (knit back and forth in rows)
- Crochet Hook – US Size G-6 (4 mm) crochet hook for finishing the edge.
- Other: Stitch markers, large-eye yarn needle, and scissors; 6 buttons, 1-inch across
Lisa Limber designed this casual, yet sophisticated, shawl to be worn three ways:
1) fold it lengthwise and button under each arm
2) wear the shawl centered over your neck and shoulders, buttoned in front like a cardigan or
3) wear it unbuttoned like a regular shawl.