Knitting, project 286. Completed 1/29/2011
January 2011 kit #4 from Kollage Yarns. Their “Feed Your Creativity” series features 10 classes with “10 fibers, 10 patterns, and 10 techniques in 10 months to enhance your knitting skills.” I love this yarn — it was a joy to work with!
Unknown. I wanted to learn the Fair Isle technique, and this was a fun project to work on. The hat is very slouchy and could be a bit shorter.
Forehead circumference: 21.5 inches. TO FIT: Adult L (shown on a 22-inch head).
GAUGE: 4.5 sts per inch
Yarn: About 170 total yards of yarn in 3 colors —
3 balls Kollage Fantastic (100% merino wool). 50g / 1.75 oz, 93 yds.
- 83 yds, Color A: Plumeria (purple)
- 40 yds, Color B: Porcelain (light teal)
- 46 yds, Color C: English Manor (gray)
- US Size 7 (4.5 mm): set of 5 double pointed needles (DPNs)
- US Size 7 (4.5 mm): 16″ long circular needles
- US Size 8 (5mm): 16″ long circular needles
Notions: Stitch markers, tapestry needle for weaving in yarn ends, and scissors
$35 to $61.50 estimated fair market value.
Cast on 108 sts + 1 st = 109 sts to start.