Cook’s notes:Very easy lasagna without noodles. You could reduce the cheese; it is a very rich dish.
Vegetarian (but not vegan, due to the cheese), gluten-free
1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1 (28 ounce) jar garden vegetable pasta sauce
1 (11 ounce) log goat cheese, sliced
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Arrange one fourth of eggplant slices in a layer in the bottom of the dish.
4. Pour one fourth of pasta sauce on top of eggplant layer.
5. Dot pasta sauce layer with one fourth of goat cheese slices.
6. Repeat layers three more times with remaining ingredients, ending with a top layer of goat cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven until pasta sauce is bubbling and goat cheese is melted, 45 to 60 minutes.