This green smoothie does not have banana or protein powder.
- The choice of milk is up to you: Almond-coconut milk is sold refrigerated in a paper carton. You can also use vanilla coconut, soy, almond, or dairy milk. Canned coconut milk is better for cooking. I like the So Delicious or Silk brands.
- Weigh the spinach and fruit on a kitchen scale
- Triple the green and add 1/2 cup raw cucumber with the peel
- Omit the cottage cheese for a beverage that is thinner
- You may want to start with 1/2 teaspoon of the ginger and then add more.
Serves 1 (about 16 oz.)
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese (1.5%)
60 g baby spinach (about 2 cups)
1 medium Bosc pear, cored, with peel on (about 4.5 oz)
1 teaspoon minced ginger (jarred); or to taste
Puree all ingredients in a blender.