Cook’s notes: Adapted from a recipe on Elephant Journal. I like this spice combination better than a more complicated Chai Cocoa. It’s not too sweet, and the cinnamon and ginger blend is just lovely. Of course, just like in smoothies, the choice of milk is up to you: you can use soy milk, coconut beverage, or dairy milk.
- Make it a tea mocha: Blend this drink with 6 oz. hot black tea (makes 12 oz. total)
- Make it vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey
Warm 6 oz. (3/4 cup) almond milk in a saucepan.
Stir in the spices:
- 1 Tablespoon organic raw cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
Heat through and drink warm.