Cook’s notes: It’s really easy to make half a turkey breast (bone-in) in a slow cooker. I looked at several recipes on line, and they all agreed. This turned out well.
Note: The turkey breast must be thawed, not frozen.
- Rinse turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil over both sides of the turkey breast. Be careful of the bones on the cut side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Season with chicken dry rub.
- Place turkey breast meaty side up, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours, or until the minimum internal temperature is 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Remove from slow cooker and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Menu: We served the turkey with buttermilk biscuits, green beans, and roasted sweet potato.