Cook’s Notes: Several web sites have this same recipe. I keep it on hand year-round, and the spice blend is terrific in smoothies, pumpkin pie, and more. It’s also good in Rice Krispie marshmallow treats.
Update: Small batch version with pepper. This terrific blend is from Dessert for Two:
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix the following spices together in a small bowl: Makes 4 oz.
3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1.5 teaspoons ground allspice and 1.5 teaspoons ground cloves.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature.