Cook’s notes: This soup was delicious. It does make quite a bit, but the recipe could be easily halved. The original recipe said “serves 4”, but it’s more like 8 to 12 hearty servings. This is adapted from Pam Anderson’s “Supper Soup Formula.” I customized the recipe by selecting the veggies and starch. It’s a wonderful soup with good flavor. I did have to add more chicken broth the next day to thin it out.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed. Cut into pieces to yield 1 lb. diced cooked chicken
- 1 lb. vegetables:
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, rinsed and drained, yields about 10 oz.
- 10 oz. or so shredded cole slaw (cabbage and carrot mix)
- 1 quart (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried herb mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
Adapted from Supper Soup Recipe : Food Network