Cook’s notes: Used plant-based milk and cut the sugar. Use any kind of milk you like: 2% cow, whole milk, almond milk, etc. Makes a wonderful holiday drink.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Milk
- 1 cup coconut milk (in a carton, not canned)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
Heat the milk in a mug (60 – 90 seconds in microwave). Stir in sugar and spices. Blend well and serve warm.
Pumpkin Pie Spice from Dessert for Two. Blend together and keep in a small jar:
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Adapted from Kid-Friendly Chai Tea | Horizon