Crochet, project 155. Completed 7/20/2008.
1) Caron Bliss (fluffy) white – (53% nylon, 47% acrylic), 1.76 oz/50 g, 71 yds/65 m. Color: 0001 Snow.
2) Patons Astra (100% acrylic), 1.75 oz/50 g, 133 yds/122 m.
3) Caron Bliss (fluffy) black – (53% nylon, 47% acrylic), 1.76 oz/50 g, 71 yds/65 m. Color: 0013 Black.
4) Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (100% Peruvian wool), 50g/110 yds, Color: Coal.
Hook: H-8 (5 mm)
Gauge: Not essential
Pattern: Adapted from Lion Brand Yarn – Pattern No. 80093AD
Finished size: About 7 inches tall.
Crochet, Project #105
I made this item for my local yarn shop’s “One Skein Wonder” contest. It uses just 0.8 oz of cotton worsted yarn, so it was more of a “quarter-skein” project.
Date completed: 9/11/06
Yarn: 0.8 oz of 4-ply cotton worsted
Lily brand Sugar ’n Cream (100% cotton), ombres & prints, 3 oz/85 g, 150 yd/138 m per ball. Color: Natural Ombre
Crochet Hook: Clover Soft Touch US G-7 (4.5 mm)
Gauge: Not important
Pattern: By CD Cooper, based on these resources:
1) Scallop Flower motif for bottom modified from instructions in The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches by Reader’s Digest (page 306)
2) Strap instructions from Anna Kosturova’s “Bikini in a Bag” project in Stitch & Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker (page 189)
Finished size: 8″ around by 6″ tall; holds a 500 ml/16.9 fl oz bottle. Strap is 29″ long
Approximate cost: $0.60 ($2.19/ball; used 0.8 oz)
Crochet, Project #104
I made this item for a relative who enjoys nice bath items. I added a really nice bar of L’Occitane lemon soap to round out the present.
Date completed: 8/23/06
Yarn: 2 balls Garnstudio Bomull/Lin held together —
- Brown mix: 42% cotton/58% linen (50 g/1.75 oz, 85 m/93 yds), Color #7
- Ivory: 53% cotton/47% linen (50 g/1.75 oz, 85 m/93 yds), Color #02, Natural
- Size N-15 (10 mm) crochet hook with straight shaft, used to work the body in Tunisian Crochet
- Size G-7 (4.5 mm) hook, used to work the trim
Gauge: 3 bars (2 sts) and 2.5 rows = 1″
Pattern: Modified from a pattern in One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet by Leigh Radford. I also used some instructions from the crochetme site.
Finished size: 4.5″ wide x 6.25″ tall
Leftover yarn: 1.9 oz/52 g (used 48 g)
Notes: Wind the two yarns together into one ball. Hold yarn double throughout.
Tunisian Crochet is all worked on one side. Do not turn your work; the right side always faces you. Each row is worked in two parts: a forward part and return part.