Cook’s notes: the beets are so good this way, but the dressing — oh my! Delicious.
3 medium beets, scrubbed and trimmed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat beets lightly with olive oil.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until cooked through, approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and then peel and dice.
- Drizzle with the balsamic-maple dressing.
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and ground black pepper to taste